Diploma – Beauty Therapy
Enquire about The student loan which has now superseded the Vet Fee Help , study now pay later. Cairns Beauty Academy salon and school delivers the SHB50115 Beauty Therapy Diploma training on behalf of Demi International Beauty Academy, RTO 32542, Student loan provider no. 7742.
The debt will be repaid when your income is above the minimum repayment threshold through your income tax.
A Diploma in Beauty Therapy is the highest vocational education and training qualification you are able to achieve in the beauty industry. The qualification is made up of 25 units of competency. 13 units are compulsory core units and the 12 other units are made up of elective and specialist units. The units listed here, are the units that are currently offered by the Cairns Beauty Academy.
Core & Elective Units
Cluster one (FOUR units)
- SHBXIND001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices – Core
- SHBBXCCS002 Provide salon service to clients – Core
- SHBBNSL001 Provide manicure and pedicure services – Core
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services – Core
Cluster two (TEN units)
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services – Core
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply makeup – Core
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information – Core
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions – Core
- SIBXWHS001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment – Core
- SHBBHRS002 Perform female intimate waxing treatments – General Elective
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care reccomendations – Core
- SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatments – Core
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages – Core
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments – Core
Cluster three (TEN units)
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards – Group A
- SHBBBOS004 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil – Relaxation massage group B
- SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages Relaxation – Relaxation massage group B
- SHBBSKS005 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments General elective – General elective group D (option 2)
- SHBBSPA001 Work in a spa therapies framework Spa treatments – Spa treatments group C (option 2)
- SHBBSPA002 Provide spa therapies Spa treatments – Spa treatments group C (option 2)
- SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages Spa treatments – Spa treatments group C
- SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation Spa treatments – Spa treatments group C (option 2)
- SHBBBOS005 Use reflexology relaxation in beauty – General electives group D
- SIBBBOS505A Blend and apply a range of aromatic plant oils for beauty treatments – General Elective
Cluster four (TWO units)
- BSBSMB304 Determine resource requirements for the micro business -General electives group D
Classes are limited to a maximum of 14 students in order to ensure personalised training takes place. Practical and theoretical training methods develop Clients in all area’s of Beauty Therapy. Our Academy emphasises the importance of strong Communication skills, customer relations, and Personal appearance throughout the program. The Academy follows the same year as the school year of training so you are able to enjoy your school holiday breaks with your family and friends. The school holidays for 2015 are as follows:
Easter Break- 6th april recommencing school 21th of April.
June-July Break- 28th June-Recommencing school on the 13th of July.
September-October- 20th September- Recommencing school on the 5th of October.
School breaks for Christmas- 6th December, 2017
Clients can study for this Program Full Time, Part Time or through Long Distance Programs.
Option 1– The Diploma Fee 2017 February = $12250.00 (full time study) $12250.00 (part time study) Part time study is only available in February, there is only 1 part time course per year. A deposit of $250.00 is to be paid on enrolment, if successful when applying for the government student loan of $10000.00 the additional $2000 can be paid in weekly payments of $44, the course can be paid off in monthly payments after the deposit has been paid to cover all the text book, uniforms and insurance for the students, there is also access to student loans to assist you in your studies. There are no extra costs to this course all fees are inclusive of text book, uniforms and work books. This course is 1 day per week and all your theory is completed at home, by doing this we are able to offer a more affordable course.
Option 2– beauty diploma is 2 days per week and includes 3 extra courses which are not available in option 1- your extra courses are “micro-Dermabrasion, laser safety and spa therapies” all your theory is completed in class and most work books are printed to make it easier for you to complete and understand, this course is $16250.00 with the $10000.00 student loan and the $250 deposit paid you are able to paid the remainder over the year of your course a tax $120 per week or if you study nights you are able to pay off $80 over 18 months.
Option 2 is a lighter and less stressed option with the benefit of 3 extra courses.
Extra units can be taken provided all other units of the diploma have been deemed competent such as spray tanning and more medic treatments, such as Dermal Skin Needling, LED light Therapy
Full time is studied during the day and the part time study is during the evening, 2 evenings per week.
Overseas Student Fee 2017 = $16250.00 The course is paid off in monthly payments after a deposit has been paid to cover all the kits, uniforms and insurance for the students. There are no extra costs to this course, $1000 upfront fee to secure your enrolment on application of your electronic enrolment (CoE) This is a wonderful opportunity to live in a beautiful tropical country city of Australia and be a part of the AustralianTrainingNetwort, Cairns- you will never want t leave