Diploma of Screen and Media
The Diploma of Specialist Makeup Services is designed to prepare students to work in specialist roles in the makeup services industry, such as hair and makeup artists and designers, photographic and/or high fashion makeup artists and stylists, retail makeup artists, freelance makeup artists and bridal makeup artists. Successful graduates from this course may also coordinate the operation of a makeup department or business. Individuals completing this qualification will possess a sound theoretical knowledge of specialist makeup services for the photographic and high fashion industries, and will be able to use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate work in the area of specialist makeup services for those industries.
Course Duration and Study Options
The full time course runs for 12 months . Classes are held 1 days per week.
The course runs for 12 months (or equivalent) including scheduled holidays, as one (1) day/ week or nights as two (2) nights a week. Students must attend all classes each week.
Overseas students need a student VISA to participate in this study
$12500.00 including of your non-refundable deposit($10,000 student VET loan, $250 deposit and $2250 paid over the 12 months of study at $44 per week)
Additional Fees not included in Tuition Fees
All students will be required to pay a (non-refundable) fee of $250.00 to secure your enrolment.
To achieve Diploma of Screen and Media a total of 15 units must be completed. Comprising of 6 core units, 4 specialist units plus 5 compulsory elective units.
- CUAIND502 Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
- CUAPPR505 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
Group B Specialist Make-up Services
- CUAMUP401 Design, apply and remove make-up
- CUAMUP402 Maintain make-up and hair continuity
- CUAMUP403 Style hair for performances or productions
- CUAMUP404 Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- *CUAMUP502 Design and apply specialised makeup
- *CUAMUP503 Design and apply special makeup effects
- CUAMUP504 Create prosthetics for special makeup effects
- SIHHHDS305A Select and apply hair extensions
Group D General
- BSBCON401 Work effectively in a business continuity context
- BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
Payment plans with varied options are available upon request, however all fees must be paid before the course ends. Payment Options (Full-time course).
The assessment methods used in the Diploma are competency based and include written and practical tasks. The assessment tasks are completed throughout your course of study.
- Tuition Fee: $12250.0
- Deposit non-refundable $250
- Fee can be assisted by a payment plan, also the student loan which can be applied for
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Advice
The National Reading Reporting System informs the identification and description of underpinning English language, literacy and numeracy features and requirements within competency standards. The learner’s language, literacy and numeracy levels are.
Government Study Assist – VET Fee-Help
Cairns Beauty Academy is a registered training organisation and will work with Demi International Beauty Academy:
Demi International Beauty Academy is a registered training organisation and has been approved to offer student loans to eligible students under the Higher Education Support Act 2003. The Diploma of Screen and Media is an approved course. Student Loans can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.
The total debt to be incurred at completion of this Qualification will be $12250.00. The debt will be repaid when your income is above the minimum repayment threshold through your income tax. To find out more please visit www.studyassist.gov.au or call 07 5309 6635.
The Diploma of Screen and Media (CUA51015) is a nationally recognised qualification, which is issued to students after successful completion of this course. The program is structured in line with the National Screen and Media Training Package (CUA). If partial completion is achieved by a student, a Statement of Attainment (achievement) is issued.
Successful graduates from the Diploma of Screen and Media course have attractive career options working as a freelance or full time specialist makeup artist and hair stylist in areas such as retail, cinema, theater, bridal hair and makeup design, and photographic and high fashion makeup design.
Days of Study
Full time study- 12 month course – School holiday breaks
- Monday 9-5pm (January start students)
- Tuesday 9-5pm (July start students)
Night course – 12 month course- school holiday breaks
- Monday night 5.30-8.30pm
- Tuesday night 5.30-8.30pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday evening for the July start students